The Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association, in consultation with its District Clubs with feedback from coaches, parents, technical and administrative staff has determined that a year-end competition with standings was desired and still fell within the guidelines of the LTPD model - So we are going to end the U9/U10 Recreational outdoor season with a competitive tournament in September!
The format of the competition is to give teams an opportunity to compete against teams from other districts throughout the city as you have only played against teams within your own district. Below you will find the groups of each competition and you will see that we attempted to have a mix of teams from other districts keeping in mind proximity. Because each District has a different number of teams, you’ll notice that the size of the groups varies. At the same time, each group will give every team the chance for some exciting competition against teams they didn’t play during the regular season. Upon completion of the round robin the top team from each group will advance to a final on September 28th.
We also wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for participating in the WYSA League as we are still working through the implementation of the LTPD model. Admittedly, we are still learning and getting feedback on how best to continue with the implementation and execution of the LTPD model and will strive to improve the quality of our programs each season. If you would like to provide us any feedback, please feel free to email your comments, good or bad, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and have fun!
Click Here for a copy of the Coaches Notes
Click Here for a copy of the Rules and Regulations for the U9 & U10 Champions League Competition
Click Here for a copy of the Groups
Rules and Regulations
- All matches must have a gamesheet completed
- 2 x 30 minute halves - Size 4 soccer ball
- Unlimited substitutions (a coach is permitted to make up to 3 substitutions at one time)
- Minimum number of players to start a match is 4 players
- No offside rule to be enforced - All other regular rules of soccer to be enforced
- No jewelry is permitted to be worn during a match
- Defaulted games will result in a 5-0 victory for the opposing team
- 3 points will be awarded for a Win, 1 point for a Tie, and 0 for a loss.
- All teams are expected to complete the competition schedule as scheduled.
- No matches will be re-scheduled unless for inclement weather or the referee deems the field unplayable.
- All final matches on September 28th are to be played to a resolution
- In situations where a referee is a no-show, the match must still be played. A qualified referee who is on site can replace them, or failing that, both teams are responsible to agree on someone to officiate. Matches that are not played will be scored a 0-0 draw.
- In order for us to keep accurate standings, all scores must be reported to the WYSA Office by the winning team (or home team in the event of a tie) within 24 hours upon completion of the match. Scores can be emailed to email@example.com or call 204-233-8899 (leave a message if no answer). Please include the Teams, Age division and Gender when reporting.
- A team may use guest players durign the competition, to a maximum game roster of 11 players, not exceeding the use of 3 guest players per game and other rules as set out in 4.1 and 4.2 of the WYSA Rules and Regulations. Guest players must clearly be indicated on the game sheet with a GP.
Where to go for schedules and standings:
- All standings, schedules and competition information will be hosted here with the options for schedules and standings above.
In the event of a tie in the final standings, the following tiebreakers will be used:
1. Total points from the matches between the teams tied
2. Least goals against between the teams tied
3. Most wins in round robin play
4. Least total goals against in round robin play
5. Goal difference in round robin play (maximum of 5 goal difference per game)
Days of Play:
- U9 Boys and Girls – Tuesday / Thursday / Sunday
- U10 Boys and Girls – Monday / Wednesday / Friday
- All finals on Saturday, September 28th, 2013 (Sunday, September 29th Rain Date)
Where to get gamesheets / Where to drop them off:
- Gamesheets are available at each District Club or the WYSA Office
- All gamesheets must be turned into the WYSA Office within 72 hours of the match (the winning team is responsible to do so. In the event of a tie, the home team is responsible to submit the gamesheet.
- All players should expect to play 50% of each match. It will be accepted that under certain disciplinary circumstances that on field playing time cannot be guaranteed. It is the responsibility of the coaching staff to clearly communicate any disciplinary action to the player and their parents.